Since 1982, New Rivers Press has been a not-for-profit press, which means donations to the press are tax deductible. Prior to its move to MSUM, New Rivers had considerable debt, but thanks to a $40,000 grant from the McKnight Foundation, MSUM and New Rivers were able to retire the debt and begin anew, while still honoring existing book contracts and remaining true to the original mission of publishing new and emerging literary writers. “The McKnight Foundation saw that MSUM would be a good home for New Rivers Press,” Gudmundson said, “but we go back for yearly support.”
- Member $100 (or whatever you can afford to contribute)
- Writer's Circle ($101 to $500) - Please choose any three New Rivers Press books as a token of our appreciation.
- Editor's Circle ($501 to $1000) - Please allow us to send you a signed set of the new book releases for the current year.
- Publisher's Circle ($1,001 to $2,500) Besides a signed set, we would like to recognize you as a primary donor on the Copyright page of a forthcoming book of your choice.
- The Legacy Circle - Please consider making a larger contribution if that's possible, creating a New Rivers Press endowment, or including NRP in your estate plans.